Re: [dom3core] getAttribute

On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 15:41:57 +0100, Kasimier Buchcik
<K.Buchcik@4commerce.de> wrote:
> Additionally you may want to consider what code you may break which
> does follow the current DOM API:
> If we have (e.getAttribute('foo') != "") then this will evaluate to
> true if:
>  - there is an attribute node
>  - its value is other than ""
> The change in behaviour you request, would evaluate this to true if:
>  - there is no such attribute node
>  - there is such attribute node and its value is other than ""

We did consider that. Some internal scripts (testcases) have to be changed
and I believe some user scripts as well. Compared to what we gain with
breaking the specification in this regard that is not really significant
though. Being the only browser not to break the specification for
getAttribute more was broken before than after the change (unfortunately).

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>