Re: [dom3core] getAttribute

On Thu, 2005-12-01 at 11:38 +0100, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 11:33:32 +0100, Kasimier Buchcik
> <K.Buchcik@4commerce.de> wrote:
> > IMHO the effort to make things work should be directed to those
> > who wrote those broken sites.
>
> We have spend (wasted) quite some time on that. Problem here is that
> Internet Explorer does different (returns NULL) and so does Mozilla. And
> Safari. I wonder if developers really care about standards, probably a lot
> more about interoperability.

Additionally you may want to consider what code you may break which
does follow the current DOM API:
If we have (e.getAttribute('foo') != "") then this will evaluate to
true if:
 - there is an attribute node
 - its value is other than ""
The change in behaviour you request, would evaluate this to true if:
 - there is no such attribute node
 - there is such attribute node and its value is other than ""

Regards,

Kasimier