"Re: Two tiny questions"

Hi,

on 3/19/2004 5:17 PM Philippe Le Hegaret wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-03-19 at 10:08, Kasimier Buchcik wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>there are two tiny questions burning under my fingernails:
>>
>>1. Does anyone has a definition at hand about what to return if
>>   DOMImplementationSource.getDOMImplementation was called with an empty
>>   (or just whitespaces containing) "features" argument?
>

> I would propose null as a return value.

Ok, although if no feature was specified one could tend to misinterpret
this in the form of: "no features required, so it will give me any
implementation". A tiny hint in the specs would be helpful here.

>>2. It is still unclear to me if an error (and which) should be raised if
>>   parsing a DOMString with the LSParser, and the encoding declaration
>>   states something different than "UTF-16", or not. If not: should
>>   xmlEncoding be set to this declared encoding?
>

> I don't think it should be an error, at most a warning. HTTP is allowed
> to overwrite the encoding of the XML declaration already. I would treat
> it the same for this case: the information in the XML declaration is
> overwritten by the encoding of DOMString, and is therefore simply
> ignored.
>
> Philippe

Great, all that I wanted to hear; so I'll just set
Document.xmlDeclaration to "UTF-16".

Thanks,

Kasimier