Re: L3 Core: TypeInfo seems inadequate

On Fri, 2003-08-01 at 00:59, Curt Arnold wrote:
> Having attributes that allow you to readily determine if the type is
> complex vs simple or named vs anonymous would seem to be helpful.  Such as:
>
> readonly attribute boolean isSimple;
> readonly attribute boolean isAnonymous;  (may be redundant with typeName
> == null)

This request goes into the debate of how much of the PSVI API should be
included on this interface. We judge this one to be a real PSVI addition
than a type generic one.

> XML Schema Datatypes has equivalents for the DTD attribute types which
> could be used instead of null and attribute type property.  The current
> definition would not provide an easy way to distinguish between:

An application can always know the schema apply to the document by
checking the schema-type  parameter of the configuration object, so
there is a way to distinguish them.

Philippe