Re: DOM 3 Core comment

On Mon, 2003-07-21 at 06:20, Andrew Clover wrote:
> Just a minor further nitpick on L3 Core: the DOMError ErrorSeverity
> definition group starts at 0; for consistency with the rest of the spec
> it should probably be 1.

done.

> I complained originally that what exactly DOMError severity meant was
> not adequately defined in the WD. Having now implemented it this way, I'd
> suggest something like the following:
>
>   A SEVERITY_WARNING error will not cause processing to stop unless
>   a DOMErrorHandler returns false. If there is no DOMErrorHandler set
>   up, processing will always continue.
>
>   A SEVERITY_ERROR error will cause processing to stop unless a
>   a DOMErrorHandler returns true. If there is no DOMErrorHandler set
>   up, processing will always stop.
>
>   A SEVERITY_FATAL_ERROR will always cause processing to stop. Return
>   value from handleError is ignored.

We updated the description of the constants:
[[
 SEVERITY_ERROR
  The severity of the error described by the DOMError is error. A
  SEVERITY_ERROR may not cause the processing to stop if the error can
  be recovered, unless DOMErrorHandler.handleError() returns false.
 SEVERITY_FATAL_ERROR
  The severity of the error described by the DOMError is fatal error. A
  SEVERITY_FATAL_ERROR will cause the normal processing to stop and the
  return value of DOMErrorHandler.handleError() is ignored. If the
  implementation chooses to continue, the behavior is undefined.
 SEVERITY_WARNING
  The severity of the error described by the DOMError is warning. A
  SEVERITY_WARNING will not cause the processing to stop, unless
  DOMErrorHandler.handleError() returns false.
]]

Philippe