Re: L3 Core Document comments (fatal error)

On Tue, 2003-08-05 at 22:36, Curt Arnold wrote:
> Without having spent much time with DOMError, my first interpretation of
> "fatal error" is along the lines of:
>
> System.out.println("Fatal Error");
> System.exit(1);
>
> "fatal DOMError", "does not dispatch fatal errors to the
> DOMErrorHandler" or something along those lines would have provided a
> clue that the traditional definition was not intended.

Modified as follows:
[[
If errors occur during the invocation of this method, such as an attempt
to update a read-only node or a Node.nodeName contains an invalid
character according to the XML version in use, errors or warnings
(DOMError.SEVERITY_ERROR or DOMError.SEVERITY_WARNING) will be reported
using the DOMErrorHandler object associated with the "error-handler"
parameter. Note that this method does not report fatal errors
(DOMError.SEVERITY_FATAL_ERROR) to the DOMErrorHandler.
]]

Philippe