Re: Level 3 Events comment: TextEvent.visibleOutputGenerated

On Tue, 2002-07-30 at 17:08, David Flanagan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think the visibleOutputGenerated attribute of TextEvent could use some
> clarification.  Are non-printing characters such as spaces and newlines
> visible characters?  This is not entirely clear as currently worded.
> Also, it seems to me that the following is always true:
>
> 	visibleOuputGenerated == (outputString != null)
>
> I think it would be helpful to either confirm that this is always the
> case, or to give an example of a case in which it is not the case.

visibleOutputGenerated has been removed from the TextEvent interface. It
was a device dependent attribute, and its usage was not clear enough.

> Also, in the IDL definition for TextEvent, you have a spurrious
> "Introduced in DOM Level 3" comment before initTextEventNS().  It is
> unnecessary since the entire interface was introduced in Level 3.

Fixed.

Philippe

PS: Your issue has been closed
http://www.w3.org/2002/07/DOM-Level-3-Events-issues/issues.html#flanagan1