Re: setCurrentTarget and duplicate event listeners

On Wed, 2002-10-02 at 18:44, Christian Parpart wrote:

> On Wednesday 02 October 2002 2:31 pm, Philippe Le Hegaret inspired the
> electrons to say:
> > On Wed, 2002-10-02 at 04:12, Christian Parpart wrote:
> > > I'd prever an setCurrentTarget function getting a parameter of type
> > > "EventTarget".
> >
> > It is indeed a clear mistake in the CustomEvent interface. Even if it is
> > expected that every node would implement the EventTarget interface, this
> > module could be reuse outside the context of a DOM tree (with the DOM
> > CSS for example).
>
> So, who will fix this mistake? And, when will it be fixed? Where are the ppl
> talking direktly about the modifications to such specs?

I fixed it in the draft before sending the previous message, so expect
to see the change in the next version. I don't think that no one can
argue that setCurrentTarget must take a Node instead of an EventTarget.
The group responsible for this document is the DOM WG. Regarding
discussion of such specs, this mailing list is the right place for that.
As soon as I am done with the rewriting and finished to deal with the
issues (see other messages on TextEvent for example), I'll ask the WG to
publish it. Given the rewriting, I believe we should have a new last
call period again.

Philippe