Re: SVG WG is asking for feedback - event propagation

It seems that such a bridge would have to be created by the outer layer
and declare a handler on the inner layer.  What seems to be missing to
me is the way for the outer layer to discover the document node of the
embedded layer so it could register such a thing.  I do not think that
seperate trees should be automatically connected.  Such a mechanism
should be carefully considered.  In some cases it would violate security
to permit them to even be manually bridged, because since the trees were
loaded from seperate URIs, it could be from seperate domains and
bridging them could lead to one domain being able to appropriate the
trust of another.

Ray Whitmer
rayw@netscape.com