Re: DOM L2 javadoc bug

On Mon, 2002-02-18 at 03:56, Rahul Srivastava wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The javadoc comment for getNodeValue() in org.w3c.dom.Node interface is having
> some problem. It says:
>
>     /**
>      * The value of this node, depending on its type; see the table above.
>      * When it is defined to be <code>null</code>, setting it has no effect.
>      * @exception DOMException
>      *   NO_MODIFICATION_ALLOWED_ERR: Raised when the node is readonly.
>      * @exception DOMException
>      *   DOMSTRING_SIZE_ERR: Raised when it would return more characters than
>      *   fit in a <code>DOMString</code> variable on the implementation
>      *   platform.
>      */
>
> But, getNodeValue(), never throws DOMException-NO_MODIFICATION_ALLOWED_ERR.
> Also, there is no javadoc for setNodeValue().
>
> Same is true for get/setPrefix().
>
> Can anybody tell me, where to file a bug for this?.

You are at the right place to report the bug.

I can probably avoid the NO_MODIFICATION_ERR problem, but for the rest
of the description, it will be a duplicate of the getNodeValue one since
it comes from an IDL attribute.

> NOTE: This bug is in the zip available at: http://www.w3.org/DOM/DOMTR which I
> believe is the latest version. Please correct me, if I am wrong.
>
> Suggestion: In some places the javadoc says: "see the table above". But, there
> is no table in the javadoc for the interface. It would be better to put the
> table there (the one which shows nodeName, nodeValue and attributes for various
> types of Nodes under Interface Node, in DOM L2 core).

Did you check the erratum core-18 regarding the Core bindings?
http://www.w3.org/2000/11/DOM-Level-2-errata#core-18

Philippe