Re: Detecting MathML, etc, support using DOM

On Tue, 2002-02-19 at 17:52, Zoltan Hawryluk wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I was wondering if there was a way to detect if a browser supports MathML
> (or XSLT, etc) using the DOM.  Anyone have any idea.  I know one can detect
> XML support using the XMLDocument object, but I couldn't see anything
> equivalent for MathML.
How about
[[
Support for the MathML Document Object Model may be queried by calling
the DOMImplementation::hasFeature method with the test string
"org.w3c.dom.mathml".
]]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-MathML2-20010221/chapter8.html#N41540

Given that they don't (forgot to?) provide a version number, using null
or empty string is safe.

You can also use this feature with Node.isSupported.

Philippe