Re: getElementsByName

At 04:20 PM 2/11/2002 -0500, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> > Can someone clarify the getElementsByName method for me. It appears in
> DOM1
> > but not in DOM2 or DOM3 WD.
>
>It's in DOM2 HTML (not DOM Core).  And therefore it is not guaranteed to
>be present for things like SVG.

I see. Thanks Boris.

Can I suggest that getElementsByName would be just as useful in other
things (as well as HTML). In fact often even more so. In HTML many
collections already exist, but not so for something like SVG. Hence if I
create some radio buttons in an SVG document and give them all the same
name I don't have the advantage of a collection ready made as I would in HTML.

It would be very useful if getElementsByName was moved back to DOM-Core. Is
there any reason that it was thought to be specific to HTML?

Can I have your thoughts please?

Jonathan.