RE: mousewheel support proposal (for SVG)

From: Thierry Kormann [mailto:tkormann@ilog.fr] wrote:
>As I have already said somewhere on a mailing list, we can *not* use
>detailArg for mousehwheel because according to '1.6.2. Mouse event types'
>in the DOM Level 2 Events module, interface MouseEvent.

Sorry, I had not seen your comment.  The passage is descriptive of common
interpretation of detail for click, mousedown and mouseup (detail isn't part
of the context info for mousemove, mouseover and mouseout).  Whether the WG
intended that to bar any other use of detail for unspecified mouse events is
unclear.  If the DOM WG was adding a wheel movement type of MouseEvent, I
don't think they would be hesitant to overload the interpretation of detail.