RE: mousewheel support proposal (for SVG)

> It is unnecessary to add a new interface to support mouse wheel events,
> since the detail attribute of MouseEvent could be used to represent wheel
> rotation.  I think keeping within the confines of the MouseEvent would be
> preferrable.

As I have already said somewhere on a mailing list, we can *not* use
detailArg for mousehwheel because according to '1.6.2. Mouse event types' in
the DOM Level 2 Events module, interface MouseEvent.

"detailArg of type long
Specifies the Event's mouse click count."

Thierry.