RE: RFC: White Space Handling In XML Parsing

xml:space=default implies that the application should use it's
default whitespace handling mode, which could be what ever the
application has decided it's default mode. If xml:space is not
defined on the root element, then the application has to decide
for itself what it will do. There may be some circumstances where
is default is expressed the application handles things one way,
and if it is not defined, then the application might handle things
a different way. I agree that it is clearly permissible to say
that parsers and application conforming to your RFC will have
the same behavior whether default or undefined.

--
Joel A. Nava                  (408)536-6209
Adobe Systems, Inc.         jnava@adobe.com