RE: Using the DOM with Java

Fiona Cameron wrote:
> Can anyone tell me whether the DOM/Java is ready
> for this yet - I can't see anything in the jdk1.2 documentation about
> the DOM, but maybe I've misunderstood something?

Fiona:

Sun's XML library is not included in the JDK1.2 release, however you can
download the XML extensions from the following URL:

http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/earlyAccess/xml/index.html

This download provides a bunch of XML related stuff, including an
implementation of DOM - however it is an non-conformant release at this
stage.  According to Sun's documentation they are in the process of bring
this to up-to-date with the DOM recommendation.

Cheeers, Steve.

Stephen J. McConnell, OSM sarl
Business Components for Electronic Commerce
http://www.osm.net
mailto:mcconnell@osm.net