RE: Should Document.cloneNode() work in Level 1?

Ray, I haven't read the (many) other thoughts on this in my mailbox
this morning. I just want to point out that I wasn't suggesting that
cloneNode should modify the parentNode and ownerDocument to
avoid cloning, but that appendChild could do this as an alternative
to calling cloneNode, in certain circumstances.

Alfie.