Re: DOM Attributes (was Re: Performance efficient alternative to AttributeList)

Mike Champion wrote:
> We discussed attribute handling in yesterday's DOM teleconference, and we
> agreed to leave it roughly as it was INTENDED to be in the April 15 draft
> (with errors corrected).
> etc.

It appears that there have been some inconsistency between my brain and
the DOM-spec... ;)  (i.e. I didn't understand it correctly...)

My impression was, that attributes were used for things such as the
color of text, the text-font, alignment etc. I see now that
elements with tagnames are used for this purpose. So I guess
the spec. will be just great. I'm very sorry about this...

> There are a lot of interesting convenience methods in this proposal,
> however, so it might be useful to implement them ON TOP of the DOM as an
> "aftermarket" product...

If it should be implemented, I think it should be a layer _below_
the current API... But I guess you are not referring to API-layers
when you say "on top of"... are you?

> Are there any other issues that have been discussed on the www-dom list
> with respect to Attributes that are still murky?

I wonder, what kind of data/information is stored in attributes?
Can you give any concrete examples?

Cheers
--
,