Re: [www-dom] <none>

At 03:31 AM 6/1/98 -0400, Claude Zervas wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Would there be any chance that the node tree traversal
>methods in the Node interface be deprecated and sent
>to some sort of work camp for bunk code patterns?

This "bunk code pattern" is well-beloved by untold generations of SGML
weenies ;~) who would prefer to deprecate the idea of used indexed arrays
to represent document structures.

It's a dilemma for us -- there's no single acceptable paradigm for document
structuring and navagation that we've been able to find, and we don't want
to bloat the spec by supporting everything, and (while I happen to agree
with you about the iterator design pattern) iterators are not supported in
any of the legacy APIs from which we're trying to build.

Mike Champion