Re: mozilla and the W3 DOM

At 07/05/98 10:22 PM , Don Park wrote:

>>>It would be interesting to get your opinion on "Netscape's position on
>>certain
>>>issues".
>>
>>So would I.
>
>I doubt Gavin can divulge which positions Netscape took in a closed WG
>sessions.
>
>Does W3C have a Witness Protection Program?;-p

Every member of the DOM WG and DOM IG agrees to keep anything confidential
that is not defined as being able to go public. This is why people who talk
on this list talk for themselves or their companies, and can discuss the
contents of the public drafts or other public material on the DOM, but not
the content of (for example) WG meetings. W3C policy is even not to divulge
which companies take part, unless those companies have expressly stated
that the information that they take part in the DOM work may be made
public. And no-one says who represents any given company on the DOM, except
for that company itself, since some companies don't like having that
information be made public. I can understand that, since most companies
wouldn't want their good, experienced developers lured away...
Lauren