RE: Error on Element Declaration

At 04/05/98 08:10 AM , Andrew n marshall wrote:

> If that is the intent, then Attribute doesn't derive Node in the IDL
> definition. Although the concept of Attributes as Nodes never made
> sense to me. Attributes are do not need any particular order, and
> shouldn't be able to have children.

The idea behind Attributes having children was to have something to keep the
attribute value in. Attribute values can contain entity references in XML, so
they can't be simple strings. What else would you suggest?

You're right that attributes don't have a particular order, although I've
heard
complaints about that from various people.

Lauren