Re: Comments about the Java DOM interfaces

This is a good question, that we have wrestled with in the WG.  Basically,
we want to "hand code" the Java mapping because the IDL mapping is sure to
be more obscure than we want, and add arguments that are relevant to CORBA
RPC calls, but would be "overkill" for the DOM's primary purpose, i.e., a
platform-independent API for dynamic scripting in HTML/XML browsers and
editors.

In short, Java is such an important target, we want to "hand-tune" the
binding to  be maximally understandable and useable by our target audience.

Mike Champion