Re: Test message

Julian Reschke wrote:

> data.selectNodes("//Record[Name='"+WScript.Arguments(1)+"']/Phone");
>
> in the current MSXML implementation.

Yes. Perhaps I should have used that - the only problem is that I can't
get it to work in my build of MSXML, even with "/Record[Name='" +
WScript.Arguments(1) + "']/Phone/text()", which I assume is the correct
expression. And it explodes any time I try to use an explicit "child::"
axis. Time for another install...

> The example also exposes another problem that has been discussed recently:
> this code will fail if WScript.Arguments(1) contains an apostrophe. That's
> why I think that a well-defined API should allow to bind values to
> variables, and to reference these variables just like in XSLT.

That seems like a good point - I could have been searching for "Patrick
O'Brien". Are there any other features from XSLT which are key to the
successsful use of XPath?

Francis.