RE: Test message

If you need XPath rather than the IE5-XSL-Pattern-Language, you will have to
tell MSXML(3) to do that:

xml.setProperty ("SelectionLanguage", "XPath");

> > The example also exposes another problem that has been
> discussed recently:
> > this code will fail if WScript.Arguments(1) contains an
> apostrophe. That's
> > why I think that a well-defined API should allow to bind values to
> > variables, and to reference these variables just like in XSLT.
> >
> That seems like a good point - I could have been searching for "Patrick
> O'Brien". Are there any other features from XSLT which are key to the
> successsful use of XPath?

I think this is it -- we need to bind variables and possibly extension
functions (MSXML already allows to pass objects to XSLT, and then to access
these objects using xsl:value-of and a user name space)..