Re: DOMC Test Suite

On Sat, 16 Mar 2002 23:08:46 -0500
Michael B Allen <mballen@erols.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 16 Mar 2002 20:50:53 -0600
> "Curt Arnold" <carnold@houston.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > > This does look pretty freaky. I don't know dirt about XSLT. If I line
> > > everything up how much are you willing to help with the stylesheet?
> >
> > If you can post a few hand-ported C versions of Java tests, we can probably
> > knock it out in a couple of iterations.
>
> See attached. Notice that the Check library's START_TEST macros make
> the individual test case functions static so they cannot be compiled in
> separate files. So I think I want to just genereate .h files and generate
> a master .h that #includes them all. That should make the stylesheet
> easier too.
>
> I'm running through the stylesheet right now and I have added my Ant
> target but of course this is going to fail big-time when I try to run
> it. Let's see....

Well, I think I've done the easy stuff. Please find the attached
test-to-domc.xsl. The not-so-easy stuff appears to be:

o The assertions assume certain type evaluations can be made like
  assertEquals might warrant == or strcmp.
o The for-each loop is not right but largely because ...
o I need a List type
o Memory management is not considered at all and would probably require
  modification of the templates.

BTW: Saxon failed miserably with the Java suite. Are you sure
the problem is with the parsers? It's not entirely clear to me how to
specify a larger heap size a la -Xmx with Ant's style task but that
would be something to look at. My stylesheet doesn't appear to trigger
the issue at all for some reason (less output generated maybe).

Mike

--
May The Source be with you.