Re: requesting basic sanity check

On the first quick read-through, you may want to add author and
organization data in the test's metadata element, as well as a prose
description of the behaviour the test expect(not vital to test
functionality, but it is good to have for displaying in the test
matrix). Lastly, if you can, also add a pointer to the relevant part of
the specification (this is used to point the relevant part of the spec
from the text matrix to serve as reference for particular tests).

See the example below with inlined comments.

<metadata>
<title>textSplitTextFour</title>
<creator>NIST</creator>
<!-- Could be Netscape -->
<description>
     The "splitText(offset)" method returns the new Text node.

     Retrieve the textual data from the last child of the
     first employee and invoke the "splitText(offset)" method.
     The method should return the new Text node.   The offset
     value used for this test is 30.   The "getNodeValue()"
     method is called to check that the new node now contains
     the characters at and after position 30.
     (Starting count at 0)
</description>
<!-- here you give a text description of the test's expected
behaviour -->
<contributor>Mary Brady</contributor>
<!-- Your name -->
<date qualifier="created">2001-08-17</date>
<subject resource="http://www.w3.org/TR/1998/REC-DOM-
Level-1-19981001/level-one-core#ID-38853C1D"/>
<!-- Point to the relevant part of the spec, in this example (L1 Core,
textsplittextfour.xml) it is the Text.splitText method, similar for your
tests. -->
</metadata>

Again, thanks, it's very good to see that we have a major submission
from Netscape.

/Dimitris