RE: [Release] Countdown

Dimitris Dimitriadis wrote:
> Were you thinking os something more official than announcing
> the review
> period on this list when you mentioned the last call window?

No, that was about it.  Basically when we have resolved all the open issues
to our satisfaction, then we would give implementers a chance to either
acknowledge or challenge any test failures before we present them as a
deviation from the recommendation.

> Any news on the HTML issue? i know that people at Netscape have
> successfully built the level 1 suite.

Could you clarify that?  Do you mean that Netscape is able to run the XML
Level 1 Core suite (which isn't a surprise since we have been doing that
with Mozilla)?

Or that Netscape has converted an internal test suite (such as
http://mozilla.org/quality/browser/standards/dom1/tcmatrix/index.html) based
on (x)HTML content to our test suite markup language and is ready to donate
it?

If not, would Netscape have a problem if I took a stab at reformulating
those tests into test markup language?