Re: SV: Minutes in brief and action items

"Fred L. Drake, Jr." wrote:

> Philippe Le Hegaret writes:
>  > I don't think the W3C license is important when we talk about the bug tracking
>  > system. As long as the service is publicly accessible, reliable and don;t
>  > constraint
>  > use too much, I don't see any reason to not use it. It's up to those who are
>  > going
>  > to use it a lot to pick one.
>
>   Perhaps not from the W3C's perspective, but for SourceForge, the
> *project* must have an OSD license to use the SF facilities -- even if
> the facility isn't CVS.

Since HTML tidy was accepted recently on SourceForge [1], I believe it is
possible to use SourceForge.

>   It is unfortunate that the W3C license is not OSI approved, but
> that's not a battle I want to take on.

As far as the W3C knows, we are fully compatible with the OSI approved licenses.
We requested in the past the approval but never got any response from them [2].

Philippe

[1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/tidy/
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom/2000JulSep/0153.html