Re: Copyright of the IDL Definitions

Tobias Peters wrote:
> So my question is: How have the existing DOM level 1 been created?  Is
> there a way to achieve this without breaking copyright laws, a way that I
> simply fail to see?

As I said, this is a known error in the DOM Level 1 spec (and it's going
to be fixed soon since the DOM WG is planning to update the DOM Level 1
spec).
The bindings of the DOM specification are under the Software notice:
http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/copyright-software-19980720

See also:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom/1999OctDec/0243.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom/1999OctDec/0258.html

btw, for the update, we never received any answer from the open
source organization (http://www.opensource.org/osd.html) after our
request to obtain the OSI certification ...

Regards,
Philippe
--
Philippe Le Hegaret - http://www.w3.org/People/LeHegaret/
World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), DOM Activity Lead