Fwd: [Mod-discuss] Re: Murray Kucherawy's Yes on charter-ietf-modpod-00-00: (with COMMENT)

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Rob Sayre <sayrer@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Sep 19, 2024 at 2:51 PM
Subject: [Mod-discuss] Re: Murray Kucherawy's Yes on
charter-ietf-modpod-00-00: (with COMMENT)
To: Murray Kucherawy <superuser@gmail.com>, Moderation Discussion <
mod-discuss@ietf.org>

"Murray S. Kucherawy" <superuser@gmail.com> wrote:
> I also think it's apt, but I concede that
> I have context on its meaning that others may not have.

I still think it's ridiculous. Almost every working group has some "clever"
acronym, exceptions being things like "JSON" and "HTTP".

For example:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/ecrit/about/

I think that's French for "wrote"?

Or maybe:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/rift/about/

"rift"? I get it. But it's subtle.

Or:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/acme/about/

That's "ACME" like in cartoons, right?

Then, there's this one:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/uta/about/

I heard this pronounced as "Utah", and I was surprised. I thought it was
"You-Tee-Ay".

So, just in the WG names, there are tons of inside jokes. The rest of the
organization has a lot of jargon. But when it comes to "be excellent",
that's somehow over the line?

No, sorry,
Rob