Re: [Mod-discuss] Re: RFC 7776 Re: Re: Call for feedback on the proposed MODPOD charter

On Fri, Sep 6, 2024 at 3:48 PM Ted Lemon <mellon@fugue.com> wrote:

> A few weeks is persistently annoying. This is a bad idea. It is quite
> frequently (over geological time anyway) during last calls that the most
> intransigent persistently annoying behavior happens. Giving such behavior a
> pass until after the last call is exactly wrong. If we want to avoid
> excluding that input, we need to actually moderate constructively.

I have to say, I think you're missing the point on this issue.

The way this works is that you let chairs/moderators do anything they want
except in Last Call. If there's a real point, it will come up. Like "this
doesn't actually work" etc. Otherwise, you are just providing a blog to
people. Let's put this one in www-archive@w3.org, not because I am mad
about anything, but as an illustration.

thanks,
Rob