Re: Questions about the :focus-visible heuristics

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2021 17:38:06 -0800
To: Alice Boxhall <aboxhall@google.com>
Cc: Emilio Cobos Álvarez <emilio@crisal.io>, fantasai <fantasai@inkedblade.net>, www-archive@w3.org
On Thu, Feb 18, 2021 at 5:33 PM Alice Boxhall <aboxhall@google.com> wrote:
> An <input> will always match :focus-visible when focused, because it takes text input.

Sure, but there were two rules that defined different outcomes there.
I can tweak the text to make it clear that the "focus transfer" rule
is subordinate to the preceding rules.

> It might be worth going through the WPT tests to get a feel for what behaviour is and isn't expected.

Hm, these aren't marked as optional, which implies that the heuristics
aren't heuristic at all, and actually *are* required behavior. Is this
the case? If so, then I need to fix up the 2119 language usage; Elika
and I shifted the text today in the *opposite* direction, removing the
2119 words and explicitly marking it as an example of possible
heuristics.

~TJ