Re: .org sale - bidding process

On Fri, Jan 17, 2020 at 12:32 PM Andrew Sullivan <sullivan@isoc.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> (Lists trimmed.  There is no way this is a W3C issue.)

The purpose www-archive is: "Miscellaneous. Mail-to-web gateway."

> On Fri, Jan 17, 2020 at 11:44:06AM -0800, Tim Bray wrote:
>
> > I'm inclined to disagree - ietf@ feels like an appropriate place to
> > discuss, since this is of substantial concern to the Internet-engineering
> > community.
>
> That isn't a reason to hold the discussion on the IETF list.

The IETF list is actually pretty tightly moderated. I haven't heard of or
gotten any objections about this topic from the moderators.

So, what was the bidding process? Maybe a link to an ISOC web page about
the process would be helpful. That's what I was looking for, not a
discussion.

thanks,
Rob