FW: [Agenda] Request for help - Topics for the Sapporo Face to Face October 26-27, 2015

From: Matt Howarter [mailto:Matthew.Howarter@walmart.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 01, 2015 4:38 PM
To: David Ezell; Mario de Armas
Cc: 'Ian Jacobs'
Subject: RE: [Agenda] Request for help - Topics for the Sapporo Face to Face October 26-27, 2015

Here is a handful of examples.  Let me know if this is the type of thing you are looking for.

1.       Payment Fraud

a.       Stolen credit card used to purchase merchandise both digital and physical

b.      Encompasses both friendly and hostile fraud from organized crime rings

2.       Account Takeover

a.       Credentials are in the wild and are used to login to customer accounts

b.      Purchases are made with saved payments or stolen payments of a third party are used

3.       Gift Card Fraud

a.       Money laundering schemes

b.      Stolen from ATO scenario above when saved in accounts

4.       Returns/Refunds Fraud

a.       Claims of non-receipt/damaged across multiple accounts and profiles

b.      Parts or components stripped from returned merchandise

5.       Sleeper Accounts

a.       Scripted account creation for later use in payment fraud

Matt Howarter Director - Payment Services
Phone: 479.204.9922 Fax: 479.277.9796
Matthew.Howarter@wal-mart.com<mailto:Matthew.Howarter@wal-mart.com>
Walmart
702 SW 8th St.
Bentonville, AR 72716-0100
Saving people money so they can live better.