RE: Defining exotic objects in IDL, HTML, or both?

From: Anne van Kesteren [mailto:annevk@annevk.nl]

> The other benefit would be having only one specification being responsible
> for the translation to ECMAScript since thus far that's not exactly been a
> stable source.

Well, but HTML is so intimately tied up with ES already due to how it has to execute scripts and integrate with the event loop. I don't think we're going to be able to isolate the impact to just IDL.

> We would likely still need IDL to define these as IDL types somehow so they
> can be used in IDL blocks. Or make it clear in IDL that other specifications can
> define IDL types too without using "interface ...
> {};".

Since these are only used as return types and not as arguments, just using `object` or `any` would work, since return types in IDL are just documentation anyway.