Re: Vibration

Hi Anne, FYI Frederick,

> On 19 Nov 2014, at 12:04, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 6:57 PM, Kostiainen, Anssi
> <anssi.kostiainen@intel.com> wrote:
>> I updated the Editor's Draft to provide the following hooks:
>>
>> http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/vibration/#dfn-vibration-pattern
>
> I was thinking of something like this in IDL:
>
>  typedef (unsigned long or sequence<unsigned long>) VibratePattern;
>
> So I can refer to that and if we ever decide to allow other arguments
> it would automatically work. Sorry for not being more clear.

Good suggestion, added:

  http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/vibration/#idl-def-VibratePattern

>> http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/vibration/#dfn-validate-and-normalize
>
> This looks good.

Ok.

>> http://dev.w3.org/2009/dap/vibration/#dfn-perform-vibration
>
> This looks good too, except for the first step, which is not really
> applicable for notifications, and even less for notifications from a
> service worker (there's no document). Maybe that step should be
> uplifted to "processing vibration patterns"?

Makes sense, #dfn-perform-vibration updated as proposed.

> Thanks for the quick reply and making this work!

Anne - thanks for the suggestions and review!

Frederick - since these changes are editorial in nature I updated the PR.html snapshot (as well as the PR-diff.html) accordingly, see:

  http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2009/dap/vibration/PR.src.html.diff?r1=1.3;r2=1.4;f=h

Thanks,

-Anssi