Re: WebIDL Testing Plan: who is doing what (and why) by when?

From: Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 10:54:33 +0200
To: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
CC: Travis Leithead <travis.leithead@microsoft.com>, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>, Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@yandex-team.ru>, Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>, Philippe Le Hégaret <plh@w3.org>, Tobie Langel <tobie@w3.org>, Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>, "www-archive@w3.org" <www-archive@w3.org>
On 14/05/2013 03:09 , Cameron McCormack wrote:
> I am not sure where the various IDL parser tools come in to this.  There
> isn't a conformance class for IDL processors in the spec, and I'm not
> sure whether the grammar in the spec being actually parseable is
> something that is interesting to demonstrate by having programs that can
> do that.  At least because we would then need to have some tests for
> those programs to show that they are correct.

I don't think that we need to make a conformance class, test suite,
implementation report, or whatever else for parsers. I think the way to
use this information is to mention it on the Director's call as
additional evidence that there's a healthy, interoperable ecosystem
around WebIDL.