Re: DOM Parsing and Serialization: which W3C WG? [Was: Re: ISSUE-198: innerHTML-patent-policy - Chairs Solicit Proposals]

Hi Art,

On 03/02/2012 08:35 PM, Arthur Barstow wrote:
> On 2/28/12 2:40 PM, ext Tony Ross wrote:

Sorry for the delay; technical work took up more of my time than I'd
expected.

As for my *intention*; I doubt there will be benefits for the spec if it
is published at the W3C, so I plan to continue working on it where it is.

However, if someone is interested in having a copy of the spec in W3C
space, I'd be happy to take a patch to set up DOM P&S like DOM4 (see [1]
and the publish, dontpublish, w3conly and now3c classes in [2], in
particular), and to keep the W3C repository up-to-date.

I suspect I've expressed my opinion about the HTMLWG before, but for the
record: I believe it is a dysfunctional WG, and that it would be a waste
of time for me to join it.

Finally, I have to say I find it fascinating that Microsoft, whose
employees invented innerHTML (and outerHTML, &c.), suddenly needs patent
protection from, apparently, the browser vendors that copied IE's features.

I hope this clarifies my position
Ms2ger

[1] http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/domcore/file/c7740a0acb14/Makefile
[2] http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/domcore/file/c7740a0acb14/Overview.src.html