Re: ISSUE-201 extension?

On 04/10/2012 02:13 PM, Edward O'Connor wrote:
> Hi Janina,
>
> I couldn't make out from the minutes of last week's telcon[1] if you
> officially asked for an extension on ISSUE-201, or if the A11Y TF was
> simply considering asking for such an extension. Did you end up asking
> for one? If so, did the chairs grant or deny it? If the chairs granted
> it, does it allow all of the change proposals to be worked on until the
> F2F, just Frank's, or an as-yet-unannounced additional proposal?

The current status is that proposals are due April 11th, which is
tomorrow, and that was after an extension was already granted:

The chairs are aware that, in addition to chair review of proposals,
this is scheduled to be a topic for discussion in the upcoming F2F.  I
will state that if a proposal is received we will try to provide chair
feedback prior to the F2F, and not schedule any surveys until after the
F2F occurs.

If no proposals arrive, we will likely call for consensus on the
proposal that we do have.

> Here's the relevant section of the minutes:
>
>> Janina - key item might ask a postpone on issue 201
>>           would like to discuss this at the F2F in May
>>           The hope and expectations is that in the F2F we can agree on
>>           a resolution that works for everyone in the group
>> paulc  - See http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/May2012Agenda#Agenda_May_3
>> Janina - A good time would be on thursday afternoon at the F2F to
>>           discuss
>> Sam    - are you asking for an extension or postponment?
>> Janina - we are asking for an extension
>
> (That last line makes it seem like you did, but the first line leaves it
> ambiguous and I haven't seen any email from the chairs granting or
> denying the extension request.)
>
> I'm currently working on my change proposal, which is due by the end of
> the day tomorrow. I'm not asking for an extension myself, but whether or
> not you ask for one (and whether or not the chairs grant one) will help
> me to plan the use of my time in the coming weeks.
>

> Thanks,
> Ted
>
> 1. http://www.w3.org/2012/04/05-html-wg-minutes.html

- Sam Ruby