Re: Comments on draft-mcdonald-ipps-uri-scheme-00.txt

Hi Bjoern,

Thanks for your excellent comments.

I propose some fixes inline in your note below.

Cheers,
- Ira

Co-Chair - IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG
Co-Chair - TCG Hardcopy WG
Blue Roof Music/High North Inc
mailto:blueroofmusic@gmail.com
Christmas through April:
  579 Park Place  Saline, MI  48176
  734-944-0094
May to Christmas:
  PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI 49839
  906-494-2434

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 6:11 PM, Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-mcdonald-ipps-uri-scheme-00.txt in
> section 7 notes:
>
>  IPPS URIs MUST use [RFC3986] encoding, as do their equivalent HTTPS
>  URIs [RFC2818].  Characters other than those in the "reserved" set
>  [RFC3986] are equivalent to their ""%" HEX HEX" encoding.
>
> This does not work as a definition as the %xx encoding encodes octets,
> not characters. You would have to specify the character encoding to
> encode characters.

<ira>
I propose to delete the second sentence above (verbatim from RFC 3510).
</ira>

> In Appendix A you have
>
>   Author/Change controller:
>      IEEE-ISTO Printer Working Group (http://www.pwg.org)
>
> As this is a standards track document IESG approval is required and per
> RFC 4395 the change controller would thus be the IESG, see section 5.3
> of RFC 4395.
>
> <ira>
Ah - thanks - in RFC 3510  there was no Change Controller - the author was
me.
I'll change it to IESG
</ira>

 In section 6 it would be useful to clearly identify the registry, e.g.
> by referencing the BCP number for RFC 4395.
>
> <ira>
Right - of course - I'll fix section 6 and the Normative References too.
I believe it's preferable to say just '[BPCxxx]' inline and leave the RFC
number for Normative References - is that right?
</ira>

In section 4.5 the ABNF lacks two closing "]".

> <ira>
Oh please, line numbers and/or quotes?  Thanks for looking at the ABNF.
</ira>