Re: RETRACTION: ISSUE-98 canvas2d - Call for Change Proposals

Shelley Powers wrote:
> Just a quick note, but the W3C closed status states that this issue is
> resolved, and this issue is not.

All that closed means in this case is that this is not an appropriate
use of the issue tracker at this time.  Another way of putting it is
that it is that ISSUE-98 is out of order.  Nothing more.  Nothing less.

> There were a couple of emails to the group. There are two splits.
> There's been no resolution, and I'm not even sure what kind of behind
> the scenes discussion has been happening. I don't consider this issue
> "resolved".

I am aware of the two documents that are referred to ISSUE-98.  I am
aware of Ian's continued interest in authoring and participating in the
continued development of canvas.  The other thing I do know is that
neither Eliot nor Doug have submitted their document for consideration.
  It is a doodle.  It is incomplete.

What I am not aware of is either Eliot's or Doug's intent.

Perhaps Ian's split meets their needs.  Perhaps they would be willing to
co-edit a document with Ian.  Perhaps they wish to pursue a separate
draft.  Perhaps they are still evaluating their options.  Perhaps their
priorities have changed.  Perhaps somebody else wishes to pick up this
ball and carry it forward.

I don't know.  Nor do I care to speculate.  In fact, one thing I
definitely do NOT want to do is to put either of them, or anybody who
hasn't volunteered and made a commitment, on the spot.

Hence, I support the status of CLOSED for ISSUE-98.

> If you want to mark the issue as invalid, I suppose there's little I can
> do. But what I'd rather have is a path forward on this.

There are paths forward.  And they all start with identifying specific
deficiencies, and expressing them in terms of bug reports.  Issue-98 is
completely lacking in such.

> Shelley

- Sam Ruby