From: Leif Halvard Silli [mailto:xn--mlform-iua@målform.no]
Sent: Monday, January 18, 2010 11:32 AM
To: Larry Masinter
Cc: Manu Sporny; www-archive
Subject: RE: HTML+RDFa Heartbeat Draft publishing request

Larry Masinter, Mon, 18 Jan 2010 10:37:37 -0800:

[...]

> It might help to use "this specification" rather than
> "this document" to avoid overloading "document".
>
> The rules of this specification apply to documents and
> also to processors.

+1   A purely editorial improvement. Although "this document" is
described as "this specification" in the previous sentence.

> * They apply to documents meeting the requirements
>   of HTML4, HTML5 and XHTML for documents.
> * They apply to processors meeting the requirements
>   of HTML5 for parsing rules.
>
> Do I have that right?

I think the Abstract section of the draft first has a sentence about
where its /syntax/ is valid: "in the HTML5 and XHTML5 members of the
HTML family". Then it talks about where the /interpretation/ (aka
parsing rules) will apply. So in a way it has this already. Except for
the detail that I took up below, and which Manu has already agreed to.

--
leif halvard silli