RE: ACTION-166 - Recheck status of issues 10 and 73

What I remember is that they *were* on the issue-status page
at the time. Unfortunately, the issue-status page does not
have any record of history that I can see.

Please date the issue-status page; is it under CVS or other
version management, or could that be arranged.

On ISSUE-10:

I see an action http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/135
ACTION-135 to get a review from Dick Bulterman and the action
is marked CLOSED,  but I see no such review linked from the action.
I see a promise of a review
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Aug/0850.html
but no review in the email archives. When an ACTION is marked
CLOSED, shouldn't the result of the ACTION be evident from
the ACTION record itself?

I can't tell whether Shawn Medero -- who raised the issue --
expressed an opinion about closing the issue.

On ISSUE-73:
I think the distinction between "CLOSED because issue was
resolved amicably" and "CLOSED because there was no change
proposal by the deadline" is not moot. Issues that are
resolved can be dropped forever, but issues that were closed
even when there was substantial believe that there was
a rationale for making a change (a problem) but just a lack
of concrete proposals in time (a timely solution) should
remain as questions for future versions of HTML, or even
open for proposals from external reviewers who are not
currently working group members (have not been members
or have left for various reasons).

In the case of ISSUE-73 I think the resolution is
"CLOSED AS RESOLVED" vs. "CLOSED WITHOUT PREJUDICE".

Larry
--
http://larry.masinter.net