Re: minutes: HTML WG Weekly 21 May 2009 [draft]

On Mon, 25 May 2009 22:36:02 +0200, Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com> wrote:
> There are a couple of ancillary explicit references in the html-public
> archive regarding table summary and cowpaths. But are absolutely
> right, Anne, cowpaths were referred to more implicitly in that
> specific accessibility debate. People haven’t said "cowpaths" that
> much out loud in that debate but they have said repeatedly that pretty
> much all screen readers support @summary [], including older versions
> which they said means there is already an audience of assistive
> technology users out there who can use it, today.

You know that paving the cowpaths is not directly about user agent support and users, right?

> The cowpath principle has been argued more explicitly in other debates
> but implicitly it is usually always there.

I did not have that feeling, but I must admit I have not read every email carefully.

> [...]

I do not have anything to contribute to the wiki and I cannot really tell whether anything is missing or not. Sorry about that.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/