Re: Publishing a new draft

Larry Masinter wrote:
> I object to the working group ONLY publishing a new draft of
> the Hixie fork of the HTML5 specification, because the industry
> and the public are already confused enough about the state of
> the activities of the W3C HTML working group and the process
> we are embarking on.
>
> My objection would be satisfied if we also simultaneously published
> Mike Smith's document and/or Manu's fork as First Public Working
> Drafts along with a clear public explanation of the process we
> are now engaging.

Drafts should be published or not based on their own merits.  Holding
one draft hostage based on the success of another, or lack thereof, is
very much an obstructionist tactic, and I don't think the group, or the
chairs, should tolerate such behaviour.

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/