Re: [whatwg] A New Way Forward for HTML5 (revised)

Taking off off public-html, since this side point isn't really on-topic.

On Jul 27, 2009, at 6:34 AM, Sam Ruby wrote:

> P.S.  My experience (with Decimal) is that the development model for
> Linux and HTML5 are well more open than WebKit.  YMMV.

But I looked at http://bugs.webkit.org/ and did not see any bug
reports or patches from you, nor any from anyone else relating to
Decimal. I do see a webkit-dev mailing list message from you[1], which
didn't seem to garner a reply (either positive or negative). It also
references this message on es4-discuss where I explained the
development process and cited the relevant resources for
contributing[2].

Studying things after the fact, it looks to me like you proposed to
implement a feature that no one particularly objected to, but that no
one else on the project was hugely excited by either. After that, you
didn't follow through. I don't think that's a failure of project
openness.

Perhaps your perspective was different, in which case I'd be curious
to here what you saw as a lack of openness.

Regards,
Maciej

[1] https://lists.webkit.org/pipermail/webkit-dev/2008-July/004534.html
[2] https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/es4-discuss/2008-July/003208.html