Re: Apple objected to theora?

Lachlan Hunt wrote:
> Dan Connolly wrote:
>> On Thu, 2009-07-09 at 11:26 +0200, Lachlan Hunt wrote:
>>> [...]  When the requirement for Vorbis and Theora was first added
>>> to the spec, and Apple objected,
>>
>> If you have a pointer to that one handy, I'd appreciate it.
>> I'm having trouble keeping the history in my head.
>> I was under the impression that they had just quietly not
>> added support.
>
> I believe this is the first mail in which they raised their concerns
> about a spec mandated codec:
>
> http://lists.whatwg.org/pipermail/whatwg-whatwg.org/2007-March/010585.html

Subsequent to that email, three action items were created, assigned, and
subsequently closed.  There also was a W3C Workshop on the topic. That
being said, I can't readily determine what the resolution of those
actions were.

In any case, I moved the status of issue 7 back to open as it clearly is
being actively pursued.  As soon as I can find a volunteer to drive this
to resolution, an action item will be created.

- Sam Ruby