Re: ACTION-128: Draft @summary voting text in conjunction with PF

On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 5:53 PM, Ian Hickson<ian@hixie.ch> wrote:

> FWIW, I'm still waiting for you to reply to:
>
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2009Jul/0001.html
>
> If you don't want to reply to that then that's fine, but I'm not going to
> keep replying to your e-mails if you pick and chose which of my replies
> you're going to reply to.
>
> --
> Ian Hickson               U+1047E                )\._.,--....,'``.    fL
> http://ln.hixie.ch/       U+263A                /,   _.. \   _\  ;`._ ,.
> Things that are impossible just take longer.   `._.-(,_..'--(,_..'`-.;.'

I had about a dozen people, online and off, basically rip me a new one
about my tone of email, what I wrote, my tone, my word usage, not
playing well with others, etc. related to that email. Basically they
took the emails that were sent to www-archive at face value, without
being aware of the past nature of discussions, what has been said off
list and so on.

After the first few people made their comments, I could understand
their concerns, and realized that I was far too abrupt, and snarky,
with both you and Maciej. However, after the tenth person corrected
me, the issue went beyond being helpful to being abusive. Particularly
after how I was treated when another person accused me of all sorts of
bad behavior in another discussion I was attempting to have, on the
nature of the discussion related to "hidden". There was no way I was
going to even attempt to respond to your reply and open myself up to
yet more of the same.

In addition, the email you referenced should have stayed in the
public-html email list, because it was specifically about technical
issues.

Now, if you want to create a new email with the same set of questions,
and post it in the proper group, public-html, I will attempt to answer
each and every question, as thoroughly as I can, carefully, quietly,
and civilly. Otherwise, I would suggest that you read what people
wrote to me, and about me, and consider whether some of that doesn't
apply to you, too.

Sincerely

Shelley

Otherwise, I would suggest that you