Re: Why I don't attend the weekly teleconference (Was: Input on the agenda)

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 8:26 PM, Ian Hickson<ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Jun 2009, Shelley Powers wrote:
>> >
>> > What studies do _you_ plan to take to demonstrate that summary="" is
>> > the superior solution?
>>
>> Actually, I don't believe we need to, not unless there's a plan to do
>> the same with every last bit of the HTML 5 spec.
>
> Ok. So if we shouldn't base decisions on research and data, what _should_
> we base our decisions on?

Oops, PS, Sorry.

I did want to point out that Murray has raised some of the same
issues, and asked the same questions related to this discussion, but
over at the HTML WG. I believe he was hoping for a response from you,
Ian, but I wasn't sure if you saw the email. This particular thread
has had so many entries in it, it would be easy to miss one.

His latest communication is at

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Jul/0001.html

Thank you

Shelley