Re: "one web requirement" for widgets from December workshop

Hi Thomas,

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 11:54 AM, Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org> wrote:
> Hi Art, Marcos,
>
> as you'll remember, there was pretty strong agreement in the room at the
> December workshop that widget technologies should stay as close as possible
> to Webapps, and that no gratuitous differences should be part of the
> technology.  At the time, you said that this is a requirement that should go
> into the Widgets requirements draft.  Has that happened?

Yes, I added it to the requirements as a design goal:

"==Wider community benefit==
Any new technologies or processes defined by a conforming
specification needs to designed in such a way that they are beneficial
the wider Web community at large. In other words, conforming
specifications should try not to be insular to their problem domain,
but should also consider the needs of the wider Web community. "

> FYI, here's the text that I'm currently planning to have in the workshop
> report:

>> used for widgets and more classical Web applications should be aligned as
>> closely as possible.  This requirement is expected to apply to current and
>> future work in the <a href="http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/">Web
>> Applications Working Group</a>, and to additional work that might be
>> chartered as a result of this workshop.</p>

Please confirm that the above text from the workshop matches what I
have written. If no, please feel free do suggest changes.

Kind regards,
Marcos
--
Marcos Caceres